I dont know about you, but this week went by so quickly & yet I am exhausted! I hardly did anything.
On Tuesday I started this blog. Phew! Tick the box on that one.
On Wednesday I volunteered at Gentleman Monkey’s School Tuck Shop, which was actually not so bad. (And newsflash: I dont think the P&C will actually burn me at the stake any time soon).
On Thursday I did the MEGA grocery shop. You know the one where you almost need two trolleys? Yep.
On Friday it rained, so Monkey Jr & I cleaned the house from top to bottom. Well, one of us did. Then we made Banana Bread.
Warning: ingredients will not be listed separately, but highlighted in red. You where going to read the recipe to the end before attempting it anyway, right?
- Process until smooth half a cup of butter with 1 cup of sugar (I like to use raw organic sugar)
- Add in 2 eggs, 3 large chopped ripe bananas, and 2 tablespoons of yogurt. Pulse til smooth.
- Separately, combine in a large bowl; 2 cups of plain wholemeal flour; half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda; 1 and a half teaspoons of baking powder; 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon; and 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Mix wet mix into dry.
- Pour into a greased and lined loaf tin, regular size. Place 1 sliced banana on top, sprinkle with a little bit of extra sugar.
- Bake in a medium oven for about 1 hour. It might take a bit longer, this is a very moist loaf. If you need to, cover the top with foil so that the top doesnt get burnt while the inside cooks properly.
I wanted to show you a photo of the whole thing, but his was pretty much all that was left. Yum!