So it was a bit of a rude shock when I got home and there was not even any vanilla ice cream in the freezer. I wanted a special little pudding in a fancy glass, dammit! So I made these. So easy, and fairly impressive, especially to my family that had not been having food adventures on the Gold Coast, and knew no better.
Fancy Little Cheesecakes
- 1 tin of Condensed Milk
- 1 packet of butternut biscuits (you’ll only need about 4)
- juice of 1 lemon
- about half a punnet of strawberries (or use any other fruit in season)
- a tablespoon of castor sugar.
- Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and bash them with a rolling pin until they are crumbs, divide the crumbs into individual glasses. I used 4 espresso glasses, and two other glasses because I was short. (Side note: Where have my espresso glasses gone??)
- Pour the condensed milk into a bowl and squeeze in the lemon juice. Stir quickly, it will start to firm up in a matter of minutes. Divide into the glasses, just plop it on top of the crumbs.
- Reserve as many strawberries as you have glasses, then puree the rest with the castor sugar. Pour the strawberry puree evenly over the cheesecakes. Place a strawberry on top of each one and put them in the fridge until you are ready to eat them.