Giftorium is a store within all 67 Myer stores, each one containing all things Christmas to give you the most unique Christmas experience possible. It reminded me a bit of the department store in Elf, and I wasn’t surprised to learn that Giftorium was inspired by the great international department stores.
One of the things that make a visit to the Giftorium so magical are the staff! How many times have you been in a busy department store ready to purchase your carefully chosen item, only to find that the sales assistants are non existant? *puts both hands and eyebrows up* 3000 new jobs have been created nationally just for The Giftorium, and here are a list of services the extra cheerful staff will be doing to make your Christmas shopping experience both easier, and more pleasant.
- Gifticians are experts in gift giving, and will be able to make suggestions to you based on the 12 different categories that the products fit into. (more on the products later) So, if you have an 18 year old nephew/4 year old cousin/92 year old great aunt who is hard to buy for, a Giftician will be able to make suggestions for you and take you to where the item is, in the Giftorium. You can even make an appointment!
- Producticians will be available to provide demonstrations of a range of items, including Marvin’s Magic, Sodastream, Mr Men and Little Miss, Plum wine glasses, Vista Print, and Dilmah Teas.
- Same Day Elf Delivery Service; if you live or work within 2 kms of the Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney or Perth stores your purchases will be delivered by a fleet of uniformed elves.
- Shop and Drop Parcel Service, so you don’t have to carry your purchases around while you shop. No more dead arms! This will ensure you have the strength to lift a post shopping coffee to your lips.
- Gift Wrapping – I thought these guys where great, and even cheerfully offered to run to a different level of the store to find the perfect ribbon for my item.
- Roving Treat Street assistants in Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Perth stores offering a range of free Christmas food to keep you (and the children) happy.
- A Gift Registry, iPad Ordering in-store if your item has sold out, and a Shop, Wrap, Deliver service if you just can’t even.
Are you starting to see how easy it is going to be? Let’s not forget the children. Of course the big man himself is going to be there, and you can make an appointment to see Santa to minimize queue angst. There are special appearances from various characters, and childrens Christmas book readings. There will be face painting, musical performances, many of the Giftorium staff have been to Magicians School and Balloon Animal School to provide extra excitement, and lets not forget the Roving Treat Street assistants. Older shopping companions might enjoy Christmas tree and table decorating demonstrations and cosmetic workshops.
The Giftorium also has a huge range of Christmas decorations and decor available, and Myer have gone all out to make the ambiance as glittery as possible, using 15,500 Christmas decorations alone just to decorate the Giftoriums. This doesn’t include the decorations on sale!
OK, I hear you say – sounds great but I need to actually buy some Christmas presents! Times a wasting and I’ve got a list! There are 12 categories to choose from in the Giftorium, and at least one of them is going to blow your skirt up, I promise. They are Dapper Dad, Miracle Mum, Glamour Gran, Trendy Young Things, Kids Cubby, Food Fanatic, Stocking Fillers, Techno Freak, Fashionista, Globe trotter, Paws Corner, and Hop,Skip, Juice for healthy folk. I was super impressed with the quality of the products on offer – nothing seemed generic or uninteresting. Here are some of my favourites…
It’s a cat scratching DJ pad!! Genius! I don’t even have a cat but I feel the need to get one just so I can gift him with this.
At the Mr Men and Little Miss stand, an artist will customize some art for you or your little darling, based on any of the Mr Men or Little Miss characters. Am I a princess? Why yes, I have my invisible tiara on as we speak.
Just testing out these wine glasses (thanks Mrs MMM for the photo) I could totally get a job as a Giftorium Productician, don’t you think?
I don’t normally go in for advent calendars, but this one is from BENEFIT so I just might have to…
There is an amazing range of the most beautiful leather accessories from R&A, in Chicago, and they offer in-store embossing for this range. The embossing machine is a beautiful, vintage looking piece of machinery from Kentucky, USA; and the Sales Assistant even used his best 1920’s radio announcer voice for me. I couldn’t resist getting a luggage tag for Mr BC, and he loves it.
Myer Giftorium officially launch in all stores on the 8th of November. There will be a whole range of celebrity appearances as well as a whole host of fun activities to celebrate. Check here to find out what is going on in your store! If you are on instagram, check out the hash tag #giftorium. If you are in Sydney, there will be a huge digital screen in the Myer Sydney City Windows flashing instagram images with this hash tag. Feel free to use this hash tag to share your own Giftorium experience!
NB – this is not a sponsored post, all words and Christmas Junkie enthusiasm are my own. Myer did gift me with a lovely goody bag, with the awesome surprise of a $50 voucher inside. Thanks for a lovely morning and a great shopping experience, Myer!